The pressure is on! Peak season is a critical time to make a lasting impression on new and returning guests. Building a loyal fan base can solidify revenues for years to come. What are some of the things YOU can do to get your hotel ready for the busy season ahead?
Check out our tips below to maximize your hotel’s revenue:
Time to spruce up your property
- Take a walk around with the critical eye of a guest. Fix or replace anything that shows obvious signs of wear and tear. Check the linens and curtains in the rooms, are they spotless? Do the TV’s and remotes work? Do the bathtubs and showers need to be re-grouted? Once you have taken a look at the rooms, head to the lobby, dining and exterior areas. Fresh paint, furniture and a few flower baskets can go a long way!
Enhance your amenities
- These days technology surrounds us and the need to access it is imperative for most guests while on vacation. Whether it’s a working vacation or just getting in touch with the babysitter, technology allows communication to flourish worldwide. Having strong WIFI in your hotel can put your property above the rest, and can be a make or break amenity to attract the business traveler.
- Don’t underestimate the power of a free waffle! When booking a vacation, seventy percent of travelers consider a free breakfast as extremely influential in their selection of a hotel. What do your guests say about your breakfast offerings?
- It’s easy to drop your fitness routine on the road and many travelers find that frustrating. Fitness centers fill the need for guests who want to stay focused on their health and fitness while on vacation.
These are just a few investments that will produce long term revenues in addition to the standard amenities such as flat screen TV’s, coffee makers, relaxing pools and an inviting lobby!
Finally, tighten up your revenue management techniques.
- Review your minimum and maximum length of stays and apply closed to arrival dates when you have a high demand. Be mindful of the promotions that brands sometimes push through in the revenue management centers and close off your property to the promotions during peak season. Don’t forget to review your rates and packages! Make sure you are competitive with neighboring hotels and create impressionable and memorable vacation packages.
Now that you have read the tips, you’re probably wondering how to market your new and improved property. This is where Review My Room can help! Our online reputation management services carefully manage your online guest reviews by monitoring public review sites and quickly responding to negative posts. By maintaining a positive online reputation you secure returning and new guests, increase your ranking and grow your revenue. Contact us today!